Alpair MAOP 10.2

Joined 2015
Yes if you compare with UK.

Me too, have pulled the trigger.

I choice the MAOP 10.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
I actually have the MAOP 7s, just haven't fitted them to my WAW yet, which currently have the 7MS. Maybe this weekend I'll get round to it.

Joined 2015
I have ordered a pair of Alpair MAOP 10.2.
Hope they will meet my requirements regarding the strict requirements of <0.5% deviation.

Joined 2011
Seems I'll have to pay an import duty to get my MAOP 10.2s delivered. :eek:
Got my MAOP 7s into my WAW last night. Even without any run-in the Ss and Ts of speech sound clear and natural, no sibilance, a good sign starting off. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
What do you think of this offer? One of the best drivers. I'm in the mood to try a couple. That would have been fun.

What do the experts and those who have heard them say?

Order the Markaudio MAOP-10.2 White 6" woofer - SoundImports

Boutique Haut-parleurs & Audio DIY

MAOP 10 or 11?

Suggestions for boxes?
Thanks for the headsup, I just ordered a pair of MAOP11 drivers. I am very curious! Might be a great match with the Sony VFET amp for moderate volume!

Edit: maybe lower prices due to new drivers (maop11ms) coming out soon? Just guessing..

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Will do, DPD has received the package in their depot in France so I guess it won't be too long to the Netherlands. I wonder if we get a matched pair for this price (as they had 9 in stock...)

Joined 2011

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_172917944.jpg
    IMG_20211025_172917944.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 795
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
First trapezoid miniOnken for the MAOP 10.2 drawn (earlier today, spured on by another thread. Looking for a few beta testers.

dave
Hi Dave,

Do you have anything to beta test for the MAOP 11.2 drivers that are on their way to me?;)

(In the end I steered away from the cube audio drivers and decided for MA, following forum consensus)

Joined 2015
I have been thinking a bit about trying a mini Onken.
I know that box does not go deeper than the driver can handle.
The volume is around 11-12 liters I think. But the channels number, width, height and length are harder for me to figure out.
I've read a bit about the mini Onken. Well-articulated base. It would be nice to experience it sometime. Maybe it will be my last box to make, so then I would like it to be something special.

Please Dave help me.

Last edited:
Joined 2015
Alpair MAOP10.2 have been delivered. They have been measured and there are records of this. They have almost the same values. The pair has been marked as 260A and 260B. They look nice. A has Qts 0.3538. B has Qts 0.3514. The frequency response looks identical for A and B. So far, everything looks ok.
Regards Leif