How accurate is WinISD?

The Windows 11 problem sticks....

Haven´t used WinISD for quite a while. I mostly use Hornresp, but thought it wasn´t the perfect match for just a vented 23 liter box.

I have a pair of Rauna Chorus in the garage, thinking of doing something with. 23 l concrete 2-ways with old 6,5" + 1" Seas drivers. I have some SB17MFC and SB17NBAC plus some tweeters also in the garage and just wanted to see if they would fit at all. Simple calculation but not possible with W11.

Most the changes was the overall graphics
and changed the way the overall tabs work.
The look was kinda ok,
Just the way basic work flow
changed. Drove me nuts.
Whatever operating system I was on when it first
came out. Seemed to crash or freeze up once in
awhile. No real new features. just graphics.
Port error factor still couldnt be changed, just defaults.
Which is what I hoped got changed.
So basically same spread sheet. Same old thing,
new annoying graphics/ workflow

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
I have been using Winisd for box design for quite sometime. I lately find there is a window which I didn't pay too much attention to it 1st port resonance' . I found the number changed quite lot with one port to multiple ports, from few hundred to few thousands. Can someone give me ideas what is this for and what will be the good pick, the smaller or the bigger numbers???
Thanks

AllenB,
Said, What if you adjust them so that the two have the same cross sectional area, then they'll be the same length as before. This should put you in control of the situation.
I think I catch what you're saying. Yes I can make either one or two ports with the same volume so to let them have same function.
Albert

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
The first port resonance is a frequency related to the length of the port(s). You don't want that frequency too low, since you have the box resonance energising the port, and some higher frequencies from the back of the cone will be there too.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been seeing some designs amount the forums with the number over 10,000 and I believe that was with special purpose. As of my simulation with Winisd, higher numbers mean less power handling and smaller/shorter ports, lower numbers mean more power handling with bigger/longer ports. I lately have a box design for 15"/300w with the number 707 as of the program. Am I on the safe side??
Albert

GM, does it mean I don't have to care about it?
Albert
Depends on the desired quality of the speaker's performance and historically dealt with by critically damping the vent(s).

Attachments

• Dave p10's Click Test diagram.png
    Dave p10's Click Test diagram.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 15