DIY SONY VFETS pt 3 - Got VFETs?

I've been assembling the boards for my VFET project today, which will be installed in my own scratch built chassis.

I'm going to use Mark Johnson's Theseus power supply filter and the output caps will be on separate boards, made up of 10x 1000uF caps in parallel.

I have some more metalwork to do before I can but it all together though, but I'm told I have man-flu so am excused duty on that today.

I only have metric tools here so can anyone tell me what size allen key I need to tighten down the fets, and how much torque is required - I seem to remember Nelson was meticulous with that.

I5XQ3ya.jpg

fL55rem.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks @Vunce
I sourced the aluminium channel from a seller on ebay here in the UK - the stock probably comes from the US as it's imperial measures, 6in x 2in.
The heatsinks were sliced in two, very accurately, by a mate who has an engineering bandsaw - the cuts were very clean and I just finished them with fine wire wool.

Reactions: 1 user
Back to the VFET project today, started to assemble it for real with installation of the output caps and sockets on the rear panel.

IhtcdFc.jpg

Next up will be the front panel, which will mount the Theseus power supply filter and power switch but that will be another day...

Reactions: 2 users