Acoustat Answer Man is here

hi, you guys are awesome, but there is another issue, the sound is truly beautiful but the subwoofer is breaking up around the cone where it moves up and down. Fragments are falling off see images please... - it's breaking my heart... I wonder how hard and expensive it would be to replace the subwoofer speakers - maybe I could match them online then fit and solder them in??. Also, I can not register to join Audiogon - it's not allowing new registrations...

Attachments

• tempImagemQtkvI.gif
    tempImagemQtkvI.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImagewxQtXC.gif
    tempImagewxQtXC.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImagenSE7l6.gif
    tempImagenSE7l6.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
That's unfortunate, but also very typical of foam-surround woofers of a certain age. Yes, the woofer can be replaced, but I don't have any specific recommendations. You might consider selling the speakers as-is (with full disclosure regarding the woofers' condition) and let the buyer deal with finding a suitable replacement and possible modification to the crossover. Afterall, how much work do you want to put into something you are just going to sell? Whereas, for the buyer, replacing the woofer could be a labor of love and an interesting journey.

Reactions: 1 user