• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Hello Erica,

I'm listening your 150w amplifier of my friend Víctor, and I'm in love. I use a tube buffer for find more sweet sound, and it's really good.

I'm interested in this model you can see below but with RCA, is as silent as 150w model? Or is better the mono version? What of your models are the best rated by your customer ?

Please, say me how manage the order of this.

FFA002V2 (1U height)
Output: 2x300W @ 4 / 8ohm
Input: 85--265Vac, constant power SMPS
Size: 95x200mm
Price: $99.9/Unit, w/o shipping (Inc. I/O buffer and mating cables)

Thanks

Attachments

• 17158468154153852893662133525788.jpg
    17158468154153852893662133525788.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 31
Thanks, my friend.

If for normal listening, I don't suggest taking this big monster, all the amplifier modules share the same topology, and they all sound great~

Based on the measurement, the noise floor of the 2*300W (100uVms) is better than 2*150W (150uVrms), which means much quieter.

And, the IO buffer is selectable, you can have the RCA version or the XLR version. And you can have both with just an additional $5.49 :giggle: :giggle:

Thanks,
Eric

Understood, I think use normal listening level but for a 3 way speaker with 10" scan speak driver. Maybe for be secure with this driver I preffer the 300w model with XLR and RCA.

In the other hand, what is the difference between this model and the mono ? Same but in two different pcb's or other considerations of current, silent or response?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20240125-WA0023.jpeg
    IMG-20240125-WA0023.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20240125-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20240125-WA0010.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 19

Morenmgu

Seems to me the difference between the 2x300W version vs the mono is that the former has 300W at either 8 or 4 ohms, while the latter is 150W @ 8hm & 300W only at 4 ohms. If they are identical otherwise, then the only practical benefit of the mono version would be improved separation but that's already far beyond what's audible in most stereo amps. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure Eric will chime in.

Nice looking speakers, btw! Passive, I presume? You could probably get an audible improvement going active either 2 (between bass & mid) or 3 way with a minidsp Flex.

Hello mikessi, thanks for your opinion it's appreciated. I'm ready to get the 300w model, of it's more silent for me is ok. With this power I think is all I need. With a tube preamp or buffer sounds really good to my taste.

And yes, passive speakers a mix between seas and scan speak. The minidsp is the best option I know, but the budget for the moment is limited. Thanks too for the idea,this will be the next step, and maybe combine my pass a3 in tweeter and mids and this class d in the 10".

Morenmgu

Seems to me the difference between the 2x300W version vs the mono is that the former has 300W at either 8 or 4 ohms, while the latter is 150W @ 8hm & 300W only at 4 ohms. If they are identical otherwise, then the only practical benefit of the mono version would be improved separation but that's already far beyond what's audible in most stereo amps. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure Eric will chime in.

Nice looking speakers, btw! Passive, I presume? You could probably get an audible improvement going active either 2 (between bass & mid) or 3 way with a minidsp Flex.
Yes, it's correct. The mono version has a lower output @ 8hom load due to the voltage limit. The advantage is that it has volume control and a heavy-duty design without external cooling, and channel separation.
The overall performance of this mono version matched the 2*150W module, still it's a little bit higher noise floor than the 2*300W version.

I would think Randy needs to amplifier module with a power supply integrated. :)

@Randy Bassinga If you accept the PCB size of 2*150W for the 2*60W module, that would be easy for us to limit the power for you.

But, if we need a cost-effective module with 2*60W, we need to re-design it. And for that output power level, there would be lots of chip solutions.

Thanks,
Eric

@Randy Bassinga If you want to use internal cabling only I would suggest that you simply connect whatever you want directly using basic jumper wires, like for example these:
https://store.arduino.cc/collections/cables-wires/products/40-colored-female-female-jumper-wires

And 60w is just under -3dB from 150W, would rather get some LM3886 to play with. Plenty of options there already.
But why cant that 2x60w be in a smaller form factor than the 2x150w board? And with the PSU on the same PCB.......one board solution like the FFA series
I would think Randy needs to amplifier module with a power supply integrated. :)

@Randy Bassinga If you accept the PCB size of 2*150W for the 2*60W module, that would be easy for us to limit the power for you.

But, if we need a cost-effective module with 2*60W, we need to re-design it. And for that output power level, there would be lots of chip solutions.
Exactly, with the PSU built in

A limited FFA001 would be pointless, the drive of my request is to have a physically smaller option too. I would actually prefer a TPA3116 type 2R capable amp with onboard 240v PSU. This would be more usefull than the TPA3255 as the FFA series already owns that power class for ease with its onboard PSU. I hope this makes sense

@Randy Bassinga There are so many options and so much competition in the lower power range, these boards are discrete designs not single chip based, both the cost of development and volume of production is usually quite high. Seeing as competition is so tough in the power range you are asking about it is very difficult to sell enough boards to make it financially viable.

My personal preference for low-ish power amplifiers would be the TPA3250 (up towards 35-40 Watts or so), in my view the TPA3116/18 is close to bottom of the barrel whereas the TPA3250 is VERY good. TPA3250/3251/3255 are all quite respectable options, the MA12070 is a very good option too but I do not have any first hand experience with it.

Reactions: 1 user